It is a common occurrence for the phone to ring from a carpet cleaning service who promises to clean your carpets for a fraction of what you would normally spend. It seems like a good deal, so you take them up on the offer.
Sadly, the dream fast turns to a nightmare when the job is shoddy. What you thought was a good deal turns out to cost you considerably more than you had originally planned. The great cleaning company has skipped town and is moving on to the next town of gullible victims.
It does not have to be this way. All that is necessary is a little bit of knowledge and a few simple questions to prevent this from happening to you again or for the first time.
These are the sure-fire ways to know beyond a shadow of a doubt if the company you are looking to hire is legitimate.
1. Ask for referrals – A friend or neighbor with recently cleaned carpet is a great way to find someone trustworthy. A carpet cleaning service is just like a mechanic, barber or physician. There is no more powerful advertising tool than word of mouth, and a reputable cleaner will certainly want their name shared.
2. Business license – Request to see their license. All reputable companies will have a business license and will gladly show you. It is very common for people to ask for one, so it is not a big deal. If the company does not have a license or are working on getting one, take a pass on their services.
3. Website – A carpet company without a website is a red flag. A good company will have a website that is modern, regularly updated and features fresh content on a regular basis.
4. Insurance – Ask for their insurance information including carrier and policy number. At minimum, a company should carry 1,000,000.00 of insurance. This protects you and the company.
5. Unit type – A truck mounted unit will have the power to clean a carpet all the way to the subfloor. Portable units simply cannot clean as well as a truck unit.
Common sense is the best tool that you have. If it seems that the deal is too good, it certainly is. This is why Cara Floor Solutions will willingly answer the above questions and any other questions you may have. Call, email or contact us via the website for additional information or to schedule service.
Call the professional carpet cleaning company at CARA Clean today (516) 939-3470 to schedule your next carpet cleaning. For more information about our services, visit http://caracleanofny.com.